Saturday, October 28, 2006

Tattoos and Techs

Over at ESPN, as part of a special preview for each team, the Daily Dime included a section called "Ask the Blogger", and the question asked was "What would it take for you to get a tattoo of the [insert NBA team] on your chest." I'm green with envy that each blogger could get a free appearance on ESPN. However, if I cannot participate in body, I can participate in spirit. So, I'll do my own twist on the question: What would it take for me to get a tattoo of the CBA logo?

I hope to keep my chest unscarred, but I would get a tattoo when...

–Yao Ming breaks a backboard, preferably over Amare Stoudemire, in the finals of the Beijing Olympics, on a momentum-turning play.

–Yi Jianlian becomes a full-fledged NBA player...on and off the court. That means he totes the gun, he sports the 'fro, and he shows off the girl.

–Chen Jianghua becomes the first Chinese player (besides Yao, of course) to get a technical. He dunks in the face of a big stiff, and then screams in his face, thereby drawing the tech.

–Tang Zhengdong shows the utter lack of quality centers in the NBA by not only being signed by a team, but playing, and starting for his team.

Unlikely? Probably? But then again, I don't like having a permanent scar on my chest. And I think most bloggers who participated on ESPN didn't either, so they just said some wacko things. And didn't it make it all the more brilliant?

No comments: